Plano, Texas Real Estate
A move to this urban district is a move to a welcoming, vibrant community with a historic downtown, excellent schools, and world-class shopping
Plano is more than just a popular Dallas suburb. Over the years, this vibrant city has developed into a diverse, inclusive, and urban area brimming with opportunity, world-class shopping, upscale dining, and a very welcoming, unified community at its epicenter.
Boasting excellent schools, an abundance of pet-friendly green spaces, and a plethora of social events and festivities, Plano is an inviting place to live for families, professionals, and empty nesters. Even the weather is almost always perfectly sunny, with temperatures rarely dipping below freezing. When it comes to picturesque, idyllic suburbs in North Texas, it doesn't get much better than Plano.
What to Love
- Urban living
- Diverse neighborhoods
- Excellent schools
- Historic downtown
- Strong sense of community
- Abundance of parks and green spaces
Living in Plano, TX
Affordable living, an easy Dallas commute, and dozens of recreational activities are just a few of the many appealing factors of life in Plano. This city has all of the amenities you need, with the added benefit of living close enough to Downtown Dallas to visit the Arts District and Uptown.
However, for many people—especially families—Plano is a quieter, more affordable option for people who like being close to the metropolitan vibes of Dallas while enjoying a more traditional, residential lifestyle.
Shopping in Plano, TX
With a whopping 26 million square feet of retail space, Plano is abundant with shops where you'll find unique gifts you can't get anywhere else. People from all over the North Dallas area come to these venues, as it’s in close proximity. You can enjoy the luxury of top-tier retail, dining, and more without having to travel to Dallas.
- The Shops at Willow Bend: Also known as Willowbend Mall, this sprawling shopping mall has more than 120 stores and is currently anchored by Macy's, Dillard's, and Neiman Marcus. Elegant fountains, turn-of-the-20th-century architecture, ample seating, and open walkways are just part of what makes shopping at Willow Bend a world-class experience.
- The Shops at Legacy: Located in the heart of Legacy Town Center, The Shops at Legacy is a premier urban lifestyle center. This 168-acre master-planned development includes urban-style homes, local and national businesses, boutique retail, best-in-class restaurants, a full-service hotel, and public parks and trails.
The creation of Legacy Town Center represents the first instance of the town center concept being applied to an existing business park development. The Town Center is situated within Legacy Business Park, a 2,600-acre office park consisting of over 15 million square feet of office and 55,000 employees, and home to Fortune 500 companies J.C. Penney, Dr. Pepper-Snapple Group, and Yum Brands. We are so happy that it continues to thrive and grow! It was just announced that Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Tiffany & Co., and Tory Burch are opening boutiques in 2021 at Legacy West.
The Town Center and The Shops at Legacy have received numerous awards and accolades, including Superior Achievement in Design & Imaging (SADI) Award, ICSCʼs Winning Shopping Center Designs, and D Magazineʼs Best of Big D.
- Legacy West: Legacy West is a business and commercial district in the heart of town replete with premier retail, dining, hotel, and residential accommodations. Legacy West is the largest mixed-use retail destination in North Texas, featuring the best in shopping, dining, and a world-class Renaissance hotel. With favorite brands and over 20 restaurants and eateries to choose from, this makes for a true shopping and dining destination. Dining is taken to the next level at Legacy Hall, a one-of-a-kind artisanal food hall buzzing with local purveyors and their delectable creations. End your dining experience at the Sprinkles Cupcake ATM!
Restaurants in Plano
Find the perfect dining spot in Plano. Here, you’ll discover an unparalleled range of places to eat, from live entertainment to fine dining, international fare, al fresco, and more.
- Bob's Steak & Chop House: As the name suggests, Bob's is a Texas staple serving prime cuts of meat alongside decadent seafood dishes in a woodsy atmosphere.
- Capital Grille: An outpost of the popular, upscale steakhouse chain, Capital Grille is a classic special occasion restaurant offering expertly prepared cuts of meat paired with an extensive wine list.
- Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse: Del Frisco's is a regal steakhouse chain known for seafood, meat, and fine wines.
For additional shopping and dining options, visit Plano's Historic Downtown, a vibrant community of unique shops, eateries, galleries, event venues, and performing arts. |
Things to Do in Plano
An active and spirited community, Plano offers a range of ongoing events, traditions, and festivities.
- Plano Balloon Festival: One of the largest family-friendly festivals in Plano, this three-day festival combines education on hot air balloons with food, live music, and activities into a fun and exciting event.
- Plano Food & Wine Festival: The Plano Food & Wine Festival features food from local restaurants, talented musicians, culinary demos, and more than 100 wines.
- Plano ArtFest: Hosted in Historic Downtown Plano, ArtFest is a free community event that encourages cultural connections and artistic inclusivity. The festival features local performances, art installations, vendors, art demonstrations, and much more.
Besides the many local shops and festivities, Plano is also home to the 200-acre Arbor Hills Nature Preserve. Boasting 6 miles of hiking trails—both paved and unpaved—an off-road biking trail, picnic areas, a covered pavilion, and a playground, the preserve is an excellent place to spend the afternoon.
Divided into three regions, visitors will see a range of wildlife, from a spectacle of birds to coyotes, bobcats, deer, and much more. Climb to the top of the observation tower for an unparalleled bird's eye view of the entire preserve.
Plano School District
Plano is home to Plano West Senior High, one of the top-ranking public schools in North Texas. According to Niche, Plano’s Independent School District is ranked #12 on the list of best school districts in Texas.