Allen, TX Real Estate
Award-winning parks and trails, stellar schools, affordable living, and high quality of life combine in this idyllic, spirited community only miles away from Dallas
Consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the country, Allen sets the bar for an outstanding quality of life that all other cities aspire to meet. Regularly featured in national rankings for affordability, Allen boasts an exemplary independent school district, world-class shopping and dining, plenty of housing options, and an award-winning parks and trails system.
Surrounded by a stunningly lush landscape and miles of hiking trails, parks, and natural green spaces, Allen's thriving community is also incredibly healthy and active. Creating a place where residents are genuinely happy has attracted diverse, thoughtful businesses that have helped craft a balanced, uplifting environment where entrepreneurs can succeed. All of this, coupled with Allen's proximity to Dallas, give perspective to how this city continues to flourish.
What to Love
- Exemplary school district
- High quality of life
- Variety of housing options
- Shopping and dining destination
- 62 miles of nature trails
- Affordable cost of living
Living in Allen, TX
Ranked as one of the best cities to raise children, Allen is a beacon of family living in Texas. Besides having excellent schools and nurturing a family-friendly environment, Allen boasts numerous housing options varying from traditional suburban single-family residences to mid-rise urban apartment buildings. Estate-style homes are also plentiful, several of which have room for equestrian activities.
Allen has been dubbed one of the best cities to buy a house by WalletHub and the #1 suburb for Texas millennials by CNBC. The city's range of apartment styles makes it a great location for young professionals, retirees, seniors, and small families. As a bonus, most of the city's apartment complexes reside near its award-winning trail system.
Shopping in Allen, TX
With more than 5 million square feet of shopping across three major shopping destinations, Allen is a retail therapy haven.
- Allen Premium Outlets: Dubbed Travels Choice 2020 by TripAdvisor, Allen Premium Outlets is a shopper's dream come true. Treat yourself to a shopping spree at the many outlet name-brand stores like Torey Burch, Ann Taylor, Kate Spade New York, Michael Kors, and Coach. You'll find massive savings on designer brands every day! After you shop 'til you drop, you can refuel at one of the many nearby eateries, like Liberty Burger or Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar.
- Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm: This unique, resort-style shopping center resides against a gorgeous backdrop of lush landscaping and green space. Touting close to 100 different shops, al fresco dining spots, boutiques, and plenty of modern amenities, Watters Creek is a go-to destination for anyone who wants to shop and unwind. It’s also conveniently located near the Watters Creek Convention Center.
- The Village at Allen: A premier dining, shopping, and entertainment destination, The Village at Allen has plenty of things to do besides just spectacular shopping. Play Topgolf, visit sporting goods store Cabela's, or see what's happening at the Allen Event Center—there's no shortage of options! If you want to make it a relaxing staycation, you can even book a room at the neighboring Courtyard by Mariott.
Things to Do in Allen, TX
Allen's award-winning Parks and Recreation Department maintains nearly 800 acres of developed parkland, over 68 miles of scenic nature trails, and 67 parks and recreation facilities.
The city's extensive park system includes a championship golf course at Courses at Watters Creek, the enclosed water park Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium, a newly opened wakeboard park called Hydrous at Allen Station, the largest outdoor skatepark in Texas at The Edge, and the spacious Celebration Park.
Locals and visitors alike kick off Independence Day celebrations early with the annual Allen USA Celebration, held in late June every year. This event features family-friendly entertainment and a spectacular fireworks show.
In Allen, football is a big deal—even high school football! Eagle Stadium is an impressive $60 million, 18,000-seat stadium owned by the Allen Independent School District.
Allen, TX School District
According to Niche, Allen’s Independent School District is ranked #9 on the list of best school districts in Texas.